Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Wedding

Here I am... Already feeling like an Alaskan and I have been here less than 4 weeks!  So let's catch up on the news and photos. 

I left from the Tallahassee airport on Wednesday September 19, 2012 very early in the morning and arrived as scheduled in Atlanta with no snafus.  The rest of the trip was not so smooth.  The weather was stormy when I arrived in Seattle around lunchtime.  The clouds were so thick that I could not see the ground AT ALL until right before the plane touched down.  Thankfully, the pilots know how to safely land those jets without being able to actually see the runway. 

 



The skies started to clear a little by the time my flight to Anchorage took off and I was pleased to be able to see the Pacific coast line as we flew well over Canada.

















The mountains were spectacular and the fall colors were beautiful. 



 The closer we got to Anchorage, the worse the weather became until we received a message that we would have to divert to Fairbanks or Juneau due to heavy rain and high winds.  We ended up in Juneau for a short time - a place I had not seen yet. 







Although Juneau is the capitol city of Alaska, it is not the large metropolis I expected. It is bordered by the sea and ringed by mountains - overall a beautiful place (from my vantage point in the air anyway). We only had to stay long enough in Juneau to re-fuel the jet, so they didn't even have us deboard the plane. Soon we were on our way to Anchorage again to attempt landing for the second time. The weather was still pretty rough, so we rocked and rolled our way around the city and waited for a long enough break in the winds to get the jet on hte ground. I smiled as we touched the ground thinking, "I'm home!" 
 
 
















My parents, sister Becky and neice Ella met me at the airport.  It was nice to be able to catch up with them a bit over dinner before the treacherous 4 hour trip through the mountains in the torrential rains. 

I was thankful to be tired enough to sleep through that trip!

The wedding was at Tim's church since it was too windy to hold the ceremony outside, but it was a warm and partly sunny day!  No rain!  Tim has since shown me the 3 spots he had picked out for our wedding if we would have been able to have it outdoors.  They are all beautiful, and I appreciate the thought that went into choosing them! 






Below are some selected pictures from the wedding.  Feel free to browse...

 
We were both so happy to finally be having our wedding!




Tim's daughter Chantelle and granddaughter Valori were able to attend!





 



The ceremony was short, sweet and to the point!

I have to thank my sister for picking out the flowers - they were BEAUTIFUL and just what I would have chosen!

Ella brought her Sacagawea doll as an extra guest :-)

After the wedding, we all went to the Caribou restaurant for an early supper and cupcakes!

We were all happy to have the wedding done!
 

1 comment:

  1. Debbie---so glad you are so happy. Praying you have many wonderful years together. I am glad Becky and Gabriella were able to be there, as well as your parents.
    Love looking at your scenery pictures--never knew Alaska was so beautiful.
    May each day be wonderful--a gift from our gracious God.

    ReplyDelete